Commonwealth UK Scholarship 2020 for Pakistani Students
Commonwealth UK Scholarship 2020 for Pakistani Students is open for Pakistani Students. The scholarship allows Masters, PhD level programm(s) in the field of Range of subejcts taught at UK Universities . The deadline of the scholarhip is September 30, 2019
Funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID), Commonwealth Masters and PhD scholarships allow talented and motivated individuals to gain advanced knowledge and skills required for sustainable development, and are aimed at those who could not otherwise afford their studies in the UK.
Commonwealth Masters and PhD scholarships are for candidates from low and middle income Commonwealth countries, for fulltime Masters & Doctoral study (PhD) at a UK University. These scholarships are offered under following six themes:
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening global peace, security and governance
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Access, inclusion and opportunity
For Commonwealth related details i.e. eligibility criteria, Terms & Conditions, desired program, participating universities Visit following web links and go through available information/documents thoroughly for your understanding. Please Apply, if you fulfill criteria of both HEC & CSC to avoid any inconvenience at later stage
Benefits of the programme / FINANCIAL COVERAGE
The Scholarship will cover the following:
- Approved airfare from your home country to the UK and return at the end of your award (the CSC will not reimburse the cost of fares for dependants, nor usually the cost of journeys made before your award is finally confirmed).
- Approved tuition fees.
- Stipend (living allowance) at the rate of £1,084 per month or £1,330, for those at universities in London metropolitan area (rates quoted at 2018/2019 levels).
- Warm clothing allowance, where applicable.
- Study travel grants towards the cost of study-related travel within UK or Overseas.
- Provision towards the cost of fieldwork undertaken overseas (usually the cost of one economy class return airfare to your fieldwork location) where approved.
- Paid mid-term visit (airfare) to your home country (unless you have claimed or (intend to claim) spouse and/or child allowances during your scholarships, or have received a return airfare to your home country for fieldwork).
- Family allowances as follows:
- Spouse allowance of £233 per month if you and your spouse are living together at the same address in the UK (unless your spouse is also in receipt of a scholarship; other conditions also apply) Child allowance of £233 per month for the first child, and £114 per month for the second and third child under the age of 16, if you are accompanied by your spouse and children and they are living with you at the same address in the UK.
- If you are widowed, divorced, or a single parent, child allowance of £465 per month for the first child, and £114 per month for the second and third child under the age of 16, if you are accompanied by your children and they are living with you at the same address in the UK.
The CSC’s family allowances are intended to be only a contribution towards the cost of maintaining your family in the UK. The true costs are likely to be considerably higher, and you must be able to supplement these allowances in order to support any family members who come to the UK with you.
Duration of the Programme
The duration of the scholarship program is valid for one year for Master & three years for PhD starting from fall 2020.